I just wanted to let you know that I’m here to help you get the most from our website.
One sure-fire way for us to do that is for you to confirm your e-mail address so we can more easily stay in contact with you.
Now, I don’t know about you, but I hate spam.
So you have my promise that I’ll never send unsolicited emails or provide your email address to any third parties.
Due to the growing problem of unsolicited and unwanted commercial emails, many web mail services (i.e. Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.) and email applications (i.e. Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, etc.) have taken measures to automatically filter bulk emails.
Unfortunately, these filters may end up blocking the goodies I send you as well.
My emails and updates are not immune to these filters which may prevent them from reaching your inbox.
So What’s the solution?
Even if you are currently receiving my stuff, I still strongly encourage you to follow these recommendations as a way to prevent future problems.
DO THIS NOW WHILE IT’S FRESH ON YOUR MIND!
A whitelist is a list of email addresses that you want to receive email from.
By adding my email address to your whitelist, you’re telling the email system not to filter emai into your spam or junk mail folder.
Follow the instructions below to add me to your whitelist. This will ensure that you receive my newsletter after you subscribe.
You’ll need to add my “From address”, email@example.com, to your AOL address book:
- Click the Mail menu and select Address Book.
- Wait for the “Address Book” window to pop up, then click the Add button.
- Wait for the “Address Card for New Contact” window to load.
- Once loaded, cut and paste firstname.lastname@example.org into the “Other E-Mail” field.
- Make our “From” address the “Primary E-Mail” address by checking the associated box.
- Click the Save button.
If you are already a subscriber but my newsletter isn’t getting through, my newsletter may be in your AOL Spam Folder. Please use your web mail to check your Spam Folder.
If my newsletter is in your AOL Spam Folder, open my newsletter and click the “This Is Not Spam” button. Lastly, please add email@example.com into your Address Book as outlined in our New Subscribers info above.
You will need to set up a filter to redirect my newsletter into your inbox:
- Open your mailbox and click on Mail Options (upper right hand corner).
- Select Filters (bottom left corner).
- Click the Add link on the Filters page.
- Update the “From header:” rule with the following 2 pieces of information: “contains” and firstname.lastname@example.org. This essentially allows the mail server to identify my newsletter based on the newsletter From address.
- Click the Choose Folder pull down menu and select inbox.
- Select the Add Filter button.
If you are already a subscriber but my newsletter isn’t getting through, check if the newsletter is in your Yahoo Bulk Folder. If my newsletter is there, open my newsletter and click the “Not Spam” button. Next, check to see if the newsletter’s email address is in your “Blocked Addresses” list. If you see email@example.com on this list, select it and click the Remove Block button. Lastly, if you have not done so, please set up a filter as outlined in our New Subscribers info above.
You will need to add my From address, firstname.lastname@example.org, to your Hotmail Safe List:
- Open your mailbox and click “Options” (upper right hand corner).
- Click the “Junk E-Mail Protection” link (top of page).
- Select the “Safe List” link(2nd from bottom).
- Copy and paste email@example.com into the dialog box titled “Type an address or domain”.
- Click the “Add” button next to the dialog box.
If you are already a subscriber but my newsletter isn’t getting through, make sure that the newsletter is not being sent to your Junk E-Mail Folder. If my newsletter is there, open the newsletter and click the “Not Junk” button. Next, check to see if the newsletter’s email address is in your Blocked Senders list. If you see firstname.lastname@example.org on this list, select it and click the Remove button. Finally, if you have not done so, add a email@example.com entry into your Safe List as outlined in our New Subscribers info above.
You will need to add my From address, firstname.lastname@example.org, to your Gmail Contacts List:
- Click Contacts along the left side of any Gmail page.
- Click Add Contact.
- Copy and paste our From address, email@example.com into the primary email address dialog box.
- Click Save.
If you are already a subscriber but my newsletter isn’t getting through, make sure that the newsletter has not been mistakenly marked as Spam:
- Click Spam along the left side of any Gmail page.
- Check mark the box next to my newsletter.
- Click Not Spam button along the top.
Lastly, add my From Address, firstname.lastname@example.org, to your Gmail contact list as outline in our New Subscribers info above.
You will need to add my From address, email@example.com, to your Thunderbird Address Book and configure your Junk Mail Controls to white list your address book.
Add my From address into your Personal Address Book:
- Click the Address Book button.
- Make sure the Personal Address Book is highlighted.
- Click the New Card button. This will launch a New Card window that has 3 tabs: Contact, Address & Other.
- Under the Contact tab, copy and paste our “From” address, firstname.lastname@example.org into the Email dialog box.
- Click OK.
White list your Personal Address Book:
- From the main drop down menu, select “Tools -> Junk Mail Controls…”
- This will launch the Junk Mail Controls window that has two tabs: Settings and Adaptive Filter
- Under the Settings tab, update the “White Lists” module by selecting Personal Address Book from the pull down menu and then check mark the box next to “Do not mark messages as junk mail”.
- Click OK.
Initially, the automatic junk mail detection for incoming messages might not be very accurate and you should check your Junk folder to see if my newsletters have been mistakenly detected as junk. To prevent this from happening in the future, you need to mark my newsletter as not junk. Do this by right-clicking on my newsletter and choose “Mark As Not Junk”.
Netscape Mail Web-Based Email has no filters and spam protection. Therefore, you can enjoy my newsletter without doing anything further because it will not be mistakenly filtered.
You will need to add my From address, email@example.com, to your Safe Senders list:
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- On the Preferences tab, click Junk E-mail.
- On the Safe Senders tab, click Add.
- In the Add address, copy and paste in our From address, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click OK.
If the Junk E-Mail Filter accidentally catches my newsletter, you can simply add my From address, email@example.com, to the Safe Senders list, and no future e-mail from us will be inspected by the filter. The instructions are outlined above in our New Subscribers info above.
If you use a Web mail system or email application not listed above, the instructions for whitelisting our address will depend on the specific email program you are using. If you access the help files, instruction manual or customer support, there should be instructions on how to do this.
In most cases, just by adding our From address, firstname.lastname@example.org, to your address book, safe list, white list or contact list will be sufficient.
My newsletter should arrive in your inbox on a weekly basis. If my newsletter is not getting to your inbox, then we suggest checking your spam folder, bulk folder or junk folder. If you find my newsletter, then you will need to find a way to inform your mail application that it is not spam.
Most likely the course of action is to select my newsletter and click on the Not Spam or Not Junk button, if available. For more information about your mail application, please visit the help section that is associated with your mail application.